Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Two angels found in the City of Angels...

A couple of weeks ago I posed the question Where are all the angels in the City of Angels? and I was referring to any statues, sculptures or angel imagery to be found around L.A.
Travel Angel sculpture at Farmers Market
Some of my regular visitors commented on the Community of Angels Sculptural Project from 2001-2002 which saw several hundred painted fiberglass angels installed around various locations in Los Angeles.

The other day I found one of those very angels at the Farmers Market at 3rd and Fairfax. This is the 'Travel Angel' by Dean and Laura Larson. With an Hawaiian shirt, camera around its neck and world map wings it looks like the archetypal 'snap- happy' tourist.
Jason in Hollywood and Travel Angel at Farmers Market
Plus here's another colourful angel which I discovered yesterday outside a restaurant at Universal CityWalk at Universal Studios Hollywood
Angel at Universal CityWalk
This one has a musical theme and if anyone knows what it's called be sure to let me know.
Musical angel at Universal CityWalk
If anyone has any further angelic sightings around L.A. drop me a line, post a comment or even send me an image.

In the meantime I shall keep my eyes looking to the heavens for divine inspiration...

7 comments:

J said...

I found a picture of another:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lightandimages/5314588/

Jason in Hollywood said...

aha yes - thank you:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lightandimages/25049860/in/set-72157600060533856/

J said...

I found another one this morning, on Colorado in Santa Monica, about 5 or 6 blocks from the Ocean in front of a museum called Angels Attic Doll's House.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=museum+near+1776+Main+St,+Santa+Monica,+CA+90401&sll=34.002724,-118.339148&sspn=0.013146,0.019312&ie=UTF8&ll=34.01463,-118.490421&spn=0,359.997586&t=h&z=19&layer=c&cbll=34.014784,-118.490741&panoid=G9ghjBCeHB87hWpWQGcTyg&cbp=12,121.34,,1,2.95

Jason in Hollywood said...

Fantastic I'll have to check that one out!

Rhonda said...

I recently returned from L.A./Farmers Market and took a photo of the Travel Angel there and the poem by the Angel. The picture of the Angel poem didn't turn out and I was wondering if there was anyway to obtain a copy of it. Thank you!!

Jason in Hollywood said...

Hi Rhonda

I don't know about a poem, but there is a new plaque with an explanation of how they created the Travel Angel - I have a picture of that if any use!

Rhonda said...

Hi Jason...thank you for your response. Maybe then it isn't a poem about the Travel Angel, but a description on how they made it, and I was mistaken. Do you have a picture of that? I have a picture of the angel. THANK YOU.

Rhonda

Related Posts with Thumbnails